Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Our baby's time!!

Taipei

Monday, August 27, 2007

No New News To Share

I haven't posted much. I just realized it and decided that even though I have nothing to report, I should post something. Our house has been on the market a couple of weeks now and that has kept me preoccupied, which is good, because it gets my mind off the wait. I do think I will be waiting close to 2 years. It is a major bummer. This has caused some confusion for my family because I need to make an important decision. Our home in Florida won't be done until around August 2008. If our house sells soon, we are planning on renting in our town so my children can finish one year of school here. The problem is that our town is very small. Not even a street light. So I don't know if I can find a rental here. If I move out of town, my girls will have to switch schools. This really is not something I want to do to them, because in Florida they will have another new school. So, I was contemplating moving straight down to Florida. Our new town is big and there will be a rental. But, this is where the adoption wait causes a big problem. If he isn't home yet when we move- everything needs to be redone including the I600a which I just redid. International adoption is sooo irritating! Also if we move- none of our family will meet him because they are all up here. What to do!!! I looked up rentals here in town and it lists zero on every website. One thing I have to remember is our house may not sell for a year and then we won't need to worry about rentals, just going bankrupt. I guess my gut says I need to find a rental in town. I will just put up a big sign that says- Help No Home Family of Four with a gazzilion animals!

3 comments:

Ann said...

that is pretty tough to figure out. I can't believe that you live a town so small that there is nothing to rent. Maybe you can all stay with us and just use our homestudy.....wouldn't that be nice. I hope you do figure something out though and maybe soon it will start to move out there.

R... said...

Good luck with all of this. Maybe you will be lucky enough to find a buyer that will work out a leaseback for you? That way you can stay in your current house even if it gets sold (by temporarily renting it from the buyer) until your FL house is ready.

Sarah said...

Try talking with your relator and see if she/he has any suggestions on rentals in your area.