Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Our baby's time!!

Taipei

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We Made It!!


After three days of driving and a few not so good events we made it to our final destination- The one way trip to Punta Gorda, Florida!! I never thought we would make it. My girls did great but the animals had a really tough time. One of our cats that is normally pretty calm could pass for a rabid animal the whole trip. Even when we slept in a motel she would sit on the bed and if you came near her she would hiss and growl. One cat got motion sickness and just laid there the whole trip. The parakeets swung on their swings and sang the whole way. The snake picked a bad time to start shedding. He started the process as soon as we left. We are now here and he hasn't come out of his house once. Pythons go blind when they shed and they have a hard time with it. His eyes turned a beautiful color blue. This is the first time he has shed for us and I feel bad it is happening now. We made it here Friday night and are finally going to enjoy the beach tomorrow. I am switching all my paperwork over to Florida regulations. I had a social worker come from FHSA Sat. morning and she did our home inspection. You can imagine what the place looked like. She said it wasn't a problem. Now our background checks have to come through and change our I171h to Florida. So, for once I am hoping the referral will wait until mid December. I think it will. Our baby knew to wait until we moved here and got settled in. It was meant to be. I am thinking though that the longer it takes the more likely we will travel in the heat of Taiwans summer. I guess we better get used to it living in Southern Florida!! It snowed back home today. Florida is my new home.

3 comments:

Chairman Mom said...

Welcome to your new home! Great to hear you made it!

Fondly,

Stacey

Ann said...

Finally updated!!! Glad that you guys made it safely. We'll see how you feel about Christmas in shorts!!!

Cole said...

Welcome to Florida! No snow here, nice sunny windy beaches in the winter though :) Cant wait to see you at some of the gatherings??! Hope you settle in and enjoy your new fl home!