Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Our baby's time!!

Taipei

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Yes We Got The Call!

It was monday afternoon and I had gotten home from work around 4pm and did some stuff and then happened to check my voicemail and listened to the sound of my caseworkers voice. She left a very vague message about needing me to call her and said she was trying to get me all day but couldn't locate my cell numbers. Well, I started to friek out. My daughters frieked out and we all ran around the room. I called her and of course got her voice mail. So now I am really dying and second guessing what just occurred. Maybe she is just checking in on me. So I decided to check my email for the fun of it. That is when I saw an email from her with exclamation points next to the words -WHERE ARE YOU??? I need to speak to you right now. So that was it. I started crying and running around the room. There was no doubt what that meant. Today was the day I waited for since I can't remember how long. My daughters and I sat looking at the phone for 45 minutes . Oh my god. I will never forget those beautiful words. THIS IS THE CALL. It was a little blurry after that point. I tried to scribble notes. He was born on July 22nd. He will be one or slightly older when he comes home. He was five pounds at birth. He has had the fortune of being raised since Sept. in one of Cathwel's nannies homes and has lived in foster care with that family.
I love him so much and can't wait to see his face!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Halleluah!!
The wait will all disappear once you see your sweet baby's face-and don't be worried about a 1 yr old-they still have a whole lot of baby left in them!!
Blessings
Chris

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again, Jennifer. We all can't wait to see this sweet little guy's face!

Erin,Dan,and Kira

Mommy Blogger said...

Wow! First Ann and now you! This is fabulous news! That is SO great!! I am already imagining the photos of William playing with all your fun pets. Congrats to all of you!!!

Angela said...

YAY! Congratulations on your referral. I can't wait to see pictures of him.

Tisra said...

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Congratulations on having a son! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Tisra
waiting for referral

Sarah's proud Mama said...

I am SOOO excited for you! CONGRATULATIONS!! We brought my dd home from China 4 days past her first b'day and she did great. She's 3 1/2 now and has done nothing but prospered in our home and the transition went well.
Congrats again!
Robin

William's Family said...

Hooray!!! I am so thrilled for you. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Hey - your William is just 3 days younger than ours!

- Judy K.
www.wonderchildherewecome.blogspot.com

J+Di Di said...

YEAH!!!! Congratulations! Can't wait to see William's pictures!

Jackie

The family of six said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see the picture!!!! Enjoy this time - I was on cloud nine for a couple weeks after our referral!!!

The Morrows said...

It is about freaking time!!!!!!! I am so happy for you, I'm actually crying as I type this. I have followed your wait from the beginning, when you joined the boards not long before we brought Zoe home. OMG - the ups, the downs, the times you wanted to give up, now it all comes down to this. Congratulations to you and your family and your sweet, sweet William.

Now the hardest part of the wait begins - but at least you will soon have a face to put with all your dreams. And SOON you'll be sharing YOUR Gotcha Day story and advice with all of us!

Congratulations!!!
Claudia
Zoe's Mom
Adopt Taiwan Yahoo group

R... said...

Congratulations!! What a THRILL!! I hope everything between now and pickup day goes smoothly and quickly!

R...

Andrea said...

WAHOOOO!!
I have checked this thing everyday for I don't know how long! I miss a few days and look what happens!
I am so happy for your family.

One year old is great! Most little girls and boys adopted from mainland China are this age when they come home. Contact some of these moms and get the scoop!

Happy Happy Day!

lifelaughterchaos said...

Congrats! I don't know you, but I'm thrilled reading this post! I found your blog through the Taiwan blogs. We are in the beginning process of a Taiwan adoption...26 months...yikes! I hope ours is not quite so long, but most likely it will be!

Congrats again!
Billie
www.thepassionatejourneytoone.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Halleluah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so relieved and thrilled for you!

Rebecca Lily said...

Congratulations!! Found you through Sarah's blog. I'm so thrilled that you finally received word of your precious son after SUCH a long wait!! Blessings, and prayers for a quick court process!

Rebecca

Hegemom said...

WhooooHOOOOOOO!!!!! That's awesome!! Congratulations!!!!!

xxoo, Stacey