Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Our baby's time!!

Taipei

Sunday, April 29, 2007

I Had To Do It

I made the mistake in emailing my caseworker today. I had to. I just needed to know what was going on and why it is taking so long for a referral. I knew there would be no good news but I did it to myself as usual, again. I have been irritated lately because I have come to the realization that my immigration clearance is also going to expire before the baby comes home. That paperwork was a pain to do and very expensive. I am not trying to put a price tag on my son, but having to repeat things that shouldn't need to be redone irritates me. I heard the cost went up also. So I emailed Jennifer to tell her that it will be expiring. I was hoping she would say- Don't worry I was just about to call you to tell you that we have a baby for you- yeah right. Instead she said that I need to keep all my forms and passports up to date. Of course, what else would she say. Also she said that she is saddened at the fact that our family has had to wait this long and she still feels hopeful. She said she will speak to Cathwel this week and try to get information or advice. Advice? Advice on what - Wait longer? I know other families have had to wait longer than me, but sometimes I don't think I can take it any more. Have I said this already in previous posts? I should check the dates I write things. Maybe it is monthly thing. You know what I mean. So, the baby ducklings have been keeping me busy, but they aren't the same. I can't put diapers on them, well I could but that would be weird. Actually I was lying on the rug with them tonight and one of them pooped on my arm. That might happen with my son. All I want is to know who he is and I won't complain anymore, I promise. So everyone wish really hard and make my next post be the big one.

1 comment:

Ann said...

This is all so hard. I hope that the call comes soon. We're about to restart it all again. But i feel the same as you. if it was going to take this long, why did we rush around like crazy people to get in done in the first place. And I totally understand, we're not rich and the idea that we're going to have to pay for all this again just bites!! I'm with you though {{hugs}]