Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Our baby's time!!

Taipei

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Oh My God!!!

I know some of you can relate to this because you are going through it also right now, but I am going out of my head with this paperwork renewal garbage. I have to redo everything and pay all over again because none of the government paperwork lasts as long as we are waiting. I have to get refingerprinted which alone is a pain in the rear. I have to make an appt and drive with Billy to Manchester at the designated time and have to endure the rude people in the INS office. I have to again pay $140. Ok so I was planning on doing that next week. My Dept of Homeland Security paperwork which costs $550 is expiring in August. I just found out that possibly when I redo the paperwork the new fingerprints will be invalid and I will have to have them redone AGAIN!!! Another $140. So I thought I was really ingenious. I got all my Govt paperwork together and got a certified check and sent all my birth cert, marriage license, homstudy etc out and mailed it out so that I could renew now and just get the fingerprints done once with the Govt paperwork. That is how it is done in the first place. Well I found out six hours after I dropped it into the mailbox with the big check that it possibly cannot be refiled until one month before its expiration!! So basically that means I wait for it to come back. Meanwhile my prints are almost expired and I get them redone now and I redo my paperwork in August and redo my prints again. Nice!

Also, it looks like the wait may be closer to 18 months. There are apparently still many families in front of me. No problem. After dealing with this paperwork mess, it isn't a big deal. Unless he isn't home for Christmas.

1 comment:

Ann said...

you're doing a lot better dealing with this then I am. Kudos to you. It really sucks. I can't say anything encouraging because I'm just not feeling it tonight. But one day we will have our sweet children in our arms(okay, so that was somewhat encouraging)

Hey I just realized that I made your ticker, just like mine. Sorry. If you want we can change that tomorrow. Right now I'm going to bed. {{hugs}}