Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Our baby's time!!

Taipei

Saturday, October 13, 2007

50/50-stress

Well most of you know that we are trying to sell our home. We along with countless others in the area with the unfortunate luck of having to sell during this time with the market being so bad. Last week we had a mother come to view from Queens NY. She looked at 30 houses before ours. That is what we have been up against. Buyers have the pick of the litter out there. So, I didn't get my hopes up at all. A day later my realtor called and told me that she will be coming Friday-yesterday for a second showing and her hubby will be flying in for it. They will be picking between two houses-ours and one four doors down! I couldn't believe it. The one down the street has the same builder as ours. It is priced $50,000 more than ours but has an inground pool and a finished third floor. Our house is an expanded cape with no third floor but we have an awesome finished basement with built in cabinets. So, to compare them is difficult. Well, yesterday they came and I have been beyond stressing about this!! The main reasons are first- my daughters are very upset about the possibility of moving this early. We put our house on the market very early because of the fear of not selling. We don't need to move to Florida until next October. So, they are in shock, angry, sad-you name it. My sixth grader is having an awful time. She is very attached to her friends. The buyers mentioned that if they make an offer, they would need to know that we can close very quickly! So, we all know that we will have to relocate possibly within 45 days to Florida. No place picked out to rent, schools not set up. AHHH!! A referral coming-probably as soon as we get in the truck and start driving. The second reason I am stressed is that we were told if we don't get an offer soon- before the snow flies, forget it until April. The third reason I am stressed is that we haven't decided what we are going to do for work down there yet. We may sell the Subway's up here and do something different or hold on to them and open one down there. The sticky thing is that for the adoption we need to have proven income, especially when I redo my homestudy when we get down there. They will ask me what we do. If we sell the stores up here, we will have no income until we open something new. I have come this far and a referral is coming soon. I don't want to risk losing it. I don't know if they just check your previous tax returns, because that would show that we own businesses. I need input! We ideally want to hold onto the stores up here, but we are having a hard time keeping them stable with the help and we don't have anyone to run them yet. 45 days won't give us much time. So, back to the house selling- I got off the track. They as of now- Saturday afternoon are still thinking and will choose between the two. They are going to make their choice after they fly home at the beginning of the week. Just put me out of misery! God, making me wait this long is a killer. If they buy it, I will have mixed emotions- sadness for my children, but extreme relief for myself. I will let you guys know as soon as I hear.Myspace Icons

2 comments:

Chairman Mom said...

Oh my goodness! You really ARE overloaded with things to think about, aren't you? Good grief!

What I lack in practical advice, I make up for in LOADS of good wishes for you!

Hugs,

Stacey

Ann said...

I just saw on the boards, did I read it right? You are heading my way in 3 weeks!!!!