Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Our baby's time!!

Taipei

Friday, January 04, 2008

2 Years! Oh My!!


The Gift of Life

I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.

For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you
The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.
--- Unknown


I found this poem and thought it was nice. We passed two years without a call but hopes are still high. I have some good feelings that the time is coming and the wait is coming to an end- at least this part of it. The next part I can handle better. We are settling in here in Florida, happy to be without the several feet of snow up north already. We have explored some of the beaches and love the wildlife. I thought there was wildlife in Nh. The birds here are enormous- I call them dinosaurs. My daughters are getting used to their new private school and once they make a friend or two will like it here. They still insist that it is better in three feet of snow than here and even when it got to 40 degrees the last day or two they said they were too hot and wanted to go home. Kids are funny. I like everything down here except not having family with us. Christmas was a little bizarre but not as bad as I thought. I met my first floridian- someone who actually was born here. Nobody is. Everyone is from someplace else. It is too funny. Oh and now the retired people have come! Don't drive through parking lots without radar goggles on. They just back up! Everyone warned me about the northerners coming. I didn't think anything of it. I am a northerner. Well these northerners are different. I have never seen a Walmart with as many motorized vehicles in it before. It is a different world down here. I like it though. So now that everyone is settled- we need a call. Ring!!! Darn you!!

No comments: