Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Our baby's time!!

Taipei

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

18 1/2 Months...but who's counting?


Well, we got back from Canada. That got my mind off things for five days. When we got home we got my daughter the pet that she has wanted for a while. A Python. Yes, I did say a Python. Right now Petey-named after her favorite rock band star,Pete Wentz, of course- is only about 16 inches long. Now we don't know if Petey is really a Petey or a Patricia. That makes a big difference in size. Petey will get up to 3 feet on average. Patricia could get to be 4-5 feet. Now if you know me, you know how much I love animals. So, your question would be how could I feed mice to a snake. Well, it is frozen. I don't know if that makes you feel better. It makes me feel better and it is tiny. When Petey gets bigger, so will the mouse. We haven't fed him yet. The tiny mouse is in the freezer and on Friday we will have to defrost him. Yes, I did say defrost him. This sounds insane, I know. Then we give him to Petey and hopefully he eats it. We do this once a week.At first it was hard for me to hold the snake, but I am kind of getting used to him. He is kind of cute. So that brings our pet total to cats,birds,ducks,gerbil,rats-which Petey is not aloud to eat,fish and a python.

2 comments:

Chairman Mom said...

I had a python when I was much younger. They're actually pleasant pets, believe it or not. I hope he'll eat the defrosted/warmed up mice! :-) Mine wouldn't....eek!

Ann said...

so not with you on the python...ewwww!!! LOL!

You know, sometimes they only eat if it's alive...whatcha gonna do then. I guess we'll get a report on Friday!!