Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Our baby's time!!

Taipei

Sunday, July 29, 2007


OK, now I am ticked off! I told you that our-well my daughter's-new baby ball python ate his first meal last week. I was very excited because I had read in numerous articles how hard it can be. So...this week I figured it would be a piece of cake. I have gone through three mice in three days trying to get him to eat. I don't need this stress right now. He takes a look at it, smells it and then slithers over it to look at other things. Eventually he either falls asleep on it or I get so angry I put him back in his tank and throw it away. Man! Our house goes on the market in two weeks. I don't need anorexic snakes right now. Any suggestions from snake experts? I found myself actually having a conversation with him. I told him he was being very fresh and if he wants to starve then fine. I am going nuts! I have also decided I am never selling another home again. I don't want to be "super clean mom" right now. I had to pack up most of my girls toys and I have to nag them to keep everything spotless. I don't want to do this.I have done it before and it stinks. We are building a home in Florida and although it won't be complete until next summer, we are selling our home now. Or at least we will try. The market is horrible and we can't risk it not selling in time. Since there are so many other houses on the market, we have to keep it sparkling clean and we had to repaint and box up alot of our things. So we will pack it up if it sells and move temporarily into an apartment in NH so the girls can finish up one more year of school here. And hopefully in amongst all this chaos-A call will come with A BABY. It is too complicated to move to Florida without having the baby yet. I have to redo paperwork again. At least if I stay in NH, I can just update my homestudy. I will keep you updated on Pete's progress.

2 comments:

Chairman Mom said...

Snake tips. No prob.

Okay, first off, he will not go anorexic on you. He will eat something before he starves. Promise.

Second, he may not like the frozen/warmed up mouse mealplan. None of my pets would ever go for it. Lots of time, unless it's moving, they won't eat it.

Third, sometimes they're plain old not hungry. Wait a little while. They often only eat once of month or so, in my experience.

Fourth, make sure you're sizing the meals correctly. They won't eat something too large.

Fifth. Yeah. Sorry, I'm being a tad redundant, but I'm thinking you'll want to try live food. Lots of people are squeamish about this, but...it's natural for them to want live food.

Sixth, pop by the pet store or wherever you got him and ask for tips.

Hope this helps.

Sorry about the house-selling. That really is a pain. I'm planning on NEVER ever moving EVER AGAIN.


Stacey
http://chairmanmom.blogspot.com

Ann said...

I've heard the same thing, that they like live food. But you did just feed him, it might be too early. But what do I know...I've never had a snake before.